Articles by Regions
Subscribe to SIDS-L
IISD's Knowledge Management
About the SIDS-L Mailing List
- What is SIDS-L?
- What is posted on SIDS-L?
- How do I subscribe to SIDS-L?
- How do I access postings to SIDS-L?
- How do I post a message to SIDS-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from SIDS-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
SIDS-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in the sustainable development of small island developing States (SIDS). This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. SIDS-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of issues facing SIDS by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on SIDS policy. SIDS-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include SIDS policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Small Island Developing States Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the SIDS Policy & Practice knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to SIDS policy and/or practice: i.e. best practices in sustainable development for SIDS, announcements or outcomes of SIDS-related meetings or sessions/side events at SIDS meetings, relevant job postings, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the SIDS-L listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on SIDS-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive SIDS-L postings in your email, subscribe to the SIDS-L listserve as described above.
To read SIDS-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the SIDS-L listserve Archive.
Any SIDS-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to SIDS-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from SIDS-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to SIDS-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to SIDS-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next SIDS-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.